Thursday, April 3, 2008

A Prayer for the Dying


As I was sitting at my desk this morning there was a commotion by in the hall. When I looked up to see what was going on I saw the Vicar Provincial rushing out the front door because one of the friars at the care center up the road was dying. Now this is the 5th death in the last two weeks, so at this point one may be numb to it but I am not. To top it off this particular friar (who at the time of this post has not died yet) is special to us. He is the oldest living friar in our Province (A Province is a group of Friars in a particular area. Ours covers CA some of AZ, WA and OR) he is one month for his 100th birthday and just recently celebrated his 75th Anniversary as an ordained priest. So forgive me if I go all religious on you and write a prayer for Fr. Emmanuel.

Dear LORD
Please take Fr. Emmanuel into your loving embrace.
Help to heal his pain as he passes from our world to yours.
Please hold the friars who love Fr. Emmanuel in your arms and help them through this loss.
LORD I thank you for all that you do for the friars and I ask you to continue to shine your love and healing on them.
AMEN

1 comments:

Christine said...

I pray the Lord will welcome him peacefully.