Wednesday, April 30, 2008

It is all in the name

What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet.
William Shakespeare, "Romeo and Juliet"
So today I have turned over a new rock. I have changed the name of my blog. So let me explain how this all came about. When we got our first home computer way back in the stone age I signed up with Yahoo and I needed to come up with a user name for my new e-mail. Purple was my favorite color and I LOVED angels. So I tried PurpleAngel, but since I was not one of the pioneer users of the World Wide Web it was not available (Surprise). So I decided to go with PurplAngel. So it has followed me ever since...from my best memory it would be around 12 years. PurplAngel has been my online identity for a LONG time. I can't count the number of times that I have said "PurplAngel that is Purple Angel without the E in Purple" when giving out my e-mail address. So today when pondering my "online life" I decided that I really like blogging and I want my blog to have the same name that I have uses. I want people to know that it is me. So today this blog is being reborn. A new look and a new name...and hopefully there will be more content. I love to read and in going back and looking I have noticed that I have not talked about and of the books that I have read. So keep checking back...and let me know what you think.

0 comments: