Tuesday, April 22, 2008

...and life goes on!


My time here in Malibu has been wonderful. I have enjoyed my time here so much that if I did not miss my family so much I would hide away here longer.

I was just sitting with the Friars as they ate dinner (I am going out to dinner) and telling them about my blog. They were interested in the idea and wanted to know how it worked. I explained as best as I could. I hope that one who was particularly interested (and I found out later that he is writing a book) would try it himself. I find blogging to be a wonderful outlet and an amazing way to share my life with those who are interested. I also enjoy reading other peoples blogs and have found many that I read daily.

Okay now back to my trip to Malibu....I arrived here Monday afternoon and had a meeting from one to four. I was nervous about the meeting because I was giving the presentation by myself for the first time. But all of my nerves vanished as I drove throught the Malibu Canyon. WOW.....I know when you think of Malibu you think of beaches and the ocean but the Canyon is equally amazing. Maybe because I did not expect it. I felt a calm and was able to enjoy the rest of the drive. The meeting went well and there were no problems, so I found my room and exchanged my work clothes for jeans. I grabbed my camera and decided it was time to explore. One of the friars told me dinner was at 5:30 so I stayed close to the dinning room. But even with the short amount of time I had I was able to find some really amazing places. As you see in the pictures I posted yesterday it is beautiful here. I feel so safe and calm almost like I can see the world but I am in this little bubble that the outside world does not effect. I like it!!! I woke up this morning and went to mass with the friars. I had breakfast and then went back out to take more pictures. One of the friars here took me to the Las Angeles cathedral today. It is beautiful.....on the inside. I went through and saw all the art exhibits and read about the artist. I enjoyed going down to the crypt, where Gregory Peck (among others) is buried. After the cathedral we went to lunch at Pink's Hot Dogs. It has been in business since 1939 and has won many awards. My hot dog was good but I am not sure it was worth the 45 minute wait in-line. After lunch we came back and I rested and read my book for a while then got ready for dinner. Now I am sitting the the garden waiting for the two friars I am going to dinner with.

I know that tomorrow I must leave my little bubble and go back to the real world. I miss my son and I am sure that there is work to do on my desk. I am content today where I am and tomorrow I will go home....and life goes on.

0 comments: