Monday, July 9, 2007

Sad Day :(

I hoped to have nothing to do this weekend but in fact it was packed or at least it felt that way. I got to see an old high school friend this weekend. He was in from Korea where he is stationed in the Air Force. It was great to see Matt and remember the past.

The movie was great. Pixar did a good job and my son enjoyed it too. He is asking when he gets to go back and see it again. I would not recommend it for children under 3 because it is definitely geared toward older children and adults. My son loved Toy Story and Bugs Life when he was 1 and 2 because of the colorful characters and great scenes but he did not get the story. He is able to fallow the story now which is good because he need to in this movie. But it is still amazing and Pixar really out did themselves on this one!

Sunday was a difficult day. I went to mass Sunday morning knowing that later that evening I would attend a funeral for a young man who had passed away. My son's best friend was at mass so we HAD to sit with his family. They have recently adopted a new addition into their family so they sit in the cry room (small room in the church that is sound proof and has big windows to see the mass). Can I just say I HATE THE CRY ROOM. I get that it makes it possible for some parents to participate because of this room, but most parents let their kids run wild and you can't participate in mass with 7 toddlers running around yelling. My son just sits next to me and colors or reads a book, but these other mothers don't try to help their children understand what it means to attend a mass at church.

So having left church (getting very little from the mass) I had lunch with the normal group. But it seemed all we could talk about was the young man who passed away. It was hard and my son go rowdy because he had sat so quietly through mass.

By Sunday at 7:30 p.m. I had dropped of my son was at the Vigil Service for David Jason Collyer at 23 year old man who's life was cut tragically short by an accident. The church was packed and it was a difficult service. I can't talk much about it now because I am not ready but I will at a later date.

This morning I woke-up and made my way to church for the funeral mass and lunch for Dave. Again a difficult time and I did a lot of reflecting but I am still just not ready to talk about it. What I can say is Dave was LOVED....by his family, his friends, and his fiancee.

Rest in Peace Dave, your presence on this earth will be missed but we do know that you are HOME with your savior and that you are watching over everyone who loved you. Keep us all in your prayers and know that you are in ours.

Death is more universal than life; everyone dies but not everyone lives.
A. Sachs
Dave we all know that YOU LIVED!!!!

Love to all!!!
MoMo

1 comments:

Christine said...

So sorry that you had a tough day. There is comfort in the fact that he is with Heavenly Father and all will be reunited again.