Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Almost October

Okay, so it is almost October and that means I will be busy. October is a big month for us.... first of all it is My husband and son's birthday, Halloween follows close behind. On top of that it seems to be party month. I have gotten quite a few invites to events (including my 10 year high school reunion). I will be busy and defiantly stretched for time but I am sure I will be enjoying it.

The one thing that happened in October that isn't a joyous day to celebrate was the death of my Aunt Sandy. I think about her often, mostly because my son was born on the anniversary of her death. She fought a long and hard battle with breast cancer. Unfortunately after more than 7 years of fighting she lost that battle. It has been a few years but when she passed away her son's were in high school and they had to deal with the pain of losing a big part of their life. We had just lost our grandmother the year before and I can't imagine how difficult it was for them.

We weren't like most families. We were very close. My mother and I would make the trek up to the Sacramento area almost every weekend. We would go to my cousin John's football games on Friday. Spend Saturday at the Grandparents house or shopping with Grandma and then Sunday we would BBQ with my Aunt and Uncle and my cousins John and Marc. John and Marc were practically brothers to me. We would fight, we play and I would defend them to anyone. I loved having them in my life. After the death of my Grandmother and Aunt I saw less of them. But they knew I was there if they needed me and I would do anything for them.

So with this being ALMOST October I am asking everyone to THINK PINK!!!!! I am alwaying buying pink things during Breast Cancer Awareness Month and I don't like to spend my money on cheap things SO I have found out that one of my FAVORITE online store is thinking pink. Red Envelope is one of my favorite on-line stores. I love to buy gifts for people there and it is a hit every time. So go to Red Envelope and THINK PINK. FYI 10% of every purchase from the Think Pink line goes to Breast Cancer Research.

Thanks!!!!!!

0 comments: