Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Miss Me?????

Okay so I know I have been missing in action but I have a lot of stuff going on right now and have not had a second to sit down and write. Which is a bummer for me cause I take this time to think things through as I type them out. I have a lot to talk about and not a ton of time to write. But I will start and see how much I can get to.

Well health issues have been plaguing me recently. About 5 years ago I was diagnosed with three clotting disorders, which means that my blood tends to clot more than other peoples. Which can be dangerous but right now for me it is manageable. While I was pregnant I had to give my self shots everyday just to be safe for myself and my son. After that diagnosis I thought, okay well I can deal with this and it could be a lot worse so just be thankful it isn't.

A few weeks ago I went to see my general practitioner because I was plagued with weight gain and other issues and she diagnosed me with PCOS and Insulin Resistants. I have been through a slew of tests and dealt with multiple doctors and I am now on medication for the Insulin Resistants. I have also been told that if Ben and I want more babies we will have to start fertility treatments as the doctors believe I won't be able to get pregnant on our own (guess little Ben was a miracle). I have more tests and am on pretty strict diet (FOREVER). No alcohol and no carbs (a least for the next month).

On top of all these tests and doctor visits little Ben started school this year across the street from my office at a catholic school named St. Elizabeth's. He is there from 8am-3pm and then is in my office for an hour before we go home. He is really liking his new school and he LOVES to come and hangout at Mommy's office everyday. He is learning to use the copy machine and the whole punch (free labor!!!!).

I got an e-mail that my 10th reunion is in October... OMG 10 years. I can't believe how the time has flown by. Am I really that old!?!?!?!?!?!

Okay so I got through most of the stuff that I needed to get through. I will be back to write more later.

1 comments:

Christine said...

Wow lots going on! I too have PCOS and IR. I was dignoised back in 98 and it has been a huge struggle. I wish you well in your path for more children. It's good to see you back!